Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Should stricter gun control laws be enacted?
- Should the death penalty be allowed?
- Should recreational marijuana be allowed?
- Should the drinking age be lowered from 21 to a younger age?
- Are social networking sites good for our society?
- Should the government allow immigrants who are here illegally to become citizens?
- Should euthanasia, or physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- Should abortion be legal?
Opposing Viewoints This link opens in a new window
Opposing Viewpoints In Context is a rich resource for debaters and includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more. A category on the National Debate Topic provides quick and easy access to content on frequently studied and discussed issues. Periodical content covers current events, news and commentary, economics, environmental issues, political science, and more.
Promoting critical thinking, education, and informed citizenship by presenting controversial issues in a straightforward, nonpartisan, and primarily pro-con format.