Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Y'all come back now, ya hear?
- Go to: http://ermurrowhs.org
- Click on DEPARTMENTS
- Scroll to LIBRARY
- Click on LIBGUIDES
- Scroll to the guide
- Write a three page thematic essay (typed, double spaced, one inch margins, Times New Roman, 12 point font) that answers the essay question fully.
- Your essay should include research and analysis (not just recall of facts.)
- This is not a partner project; you must complete this essay on your own from start to finish.
- As this is a college preparatory essay, it will be graded as such:
- You must include TWO quotations in your paper
- The citations you will use need to be formatted correctly and your bibliography will need to be flawless.
- FOLLOW THE PROPER FORMAT: Introduction with a thesis, supporting paragraphs with topic sentences, and make sure that all the evidence supports the thesis directly.
Writing a Hook
Get your reader's attention right out of the gate. Use one of these strategies to make your writing shine.
*For an argumentative essay